VIE’s Favorite Things from 2012
January 8, 2013
With 2013 in full force, we’ve decided to reminisce on all that last year brought to us by highlighting some of our favorite events of 2012.
1. In our January/February 2012 issue, we featured an article on the Golden Globes, in which a few members of the VIE staff were honored and beyond thrilled to attend.
2. In our May/June 2012 issue, for our Bringing Preppy Back photo shoot, we were excited to be able to showcase our home area of Seaside, Seagrove, and Alys Beach, by using it as the backdrop of the shoot.
3. We love compiling a VIE’s Favorite Things for our readers, and going through all of them to pick our favorite of the favorites was a challenge, so here goes!
4. VIE staff members had a blast attending Boukou Groove’s CD Release Party at Fire Restaurant at Gulf Place in November. Donnie Sundal and Derwin “Big D” Perkins know how to put on a great show full of soulful tunes!
5. In November, the VIE team set off across the coast to New Orleans for a few photo shoots and interviews for upcoming issues of the magazine. The Big Easy welcomed us with open arms as only New Orleans can. We even got to do a photo shoot of artist Ashley Longshore at her studio and browse her many, unique and colorful paintings. Longshore will be featured in the May/June issue.
6. VIE was honored to have the opportunity to feature Livia Firth on its March/April 2012 The Entertainment Issue cover. Firth, who is the wife of actor Colin Firth, initiated the annual project, Green Carpet Challenge, to raise awareness of sustainable fashion. VIE was fortunate to witness this initiative firsthand during January’s Golden Globes.
7. One of our very own, Bob Brown VP of Creative Services at VIE, got married to his beautiful wife Meredith over summer. Not only was their scenic wedding a feature in the July/August issue of the magazine, but Meredith was also our cover girl for the issue!
8. VIE was on scene in New York City for Fashion Week Spring 2013. We focused a lot on men’s fashion as the piece we featured the event on was published in our current Men’s Issue!
9. Lisa Burwell, VIE’s publisher, is featured as a Taigan.com Tastemaker. VIE’s Favorite Things for the September/October issue were from Taigan.com and included gorgeous tumblers, earrings and pillows.
10. When Seaside celebrated its 30th year, VIE was honored to have the opportunity to tour one of the first homes in the intimate town—that of the founder’s: Robert and Daryl Davis.
11. VIE was happy to welcome some new faces to its staff this year:
Jordan Staggs, public relations manager and writer
Benjamin Rosenau, video producer
Scott Sajowitz, account executive
Jordan Swanson, public relations associate and writer
Now, that you know our favorite VIE events of 2012, we’d love to hear what yours are!