Holiday Shopping: A Few of Our Favorite Things…
December 13, 2013
With Christmas just around the corner, we’re excited to put together a list of gift ideas and a few of our favorite things for everyone this holiday season!
1. Ashley Longshore travel bags, cases, and clutches for Anthropologie – Since we featured Ashley Longshore’s Audrey on our inaugural Artist Issue in May 2013, we’ve been following the artist’s whirlwind journey around the world for gallery exhibits and inspiration trips. Her New Orleans gallery is dripping with glitter and fun vibes, and we squealed hard when we saw her new line of city-inspired bags for Anthro—and bought some for ourselves, of course! These would be a fun gift for the traveling fashionista, and they come in all shapes and sizes! See the collection on Athropologie’s website here. $68–$298
2. Klear Kanoo – Fun for the whole family! If you live in the Destin, Florida, area, you’ve probably seen the Klear Kanoo truck around town, with owners Gio and Silvia Giovannelli and their crystal-clear, uber-cool boats in tow. These babies allow the paddler to see straight down into the world beneath the waves, lake, or creek. And as Silvia says, “The best part is anyone can Kanoo!” www.klearkanoo.com
3. The Dream of Life by Francois-Marie Benard – Francois recently came on our radar as a local poet and philosopher with a Hollywood background, and we’re thrilled to be featuring him in our upcoming Jan/Feb 2014 Men’s Issue! His work is insightful and shares snippets of his life growing up in Madagascar and the adventures that followed. Find his book The Dream of Life on Amazon here. $25
4. Euphoria New York Signature Silver Collection – Diamonds are forever, after all. What better way to tell the special woman in your life “I love you” than with these stunning sterling silver and diamond pieces by Euphoria New York? Available at Destin Jewelers. $95–$995
5. Chair Waldorf by SELVA Furniture – SELVA’s handmade pieces from Italy were a highlight in our 2013 Home and Garden Issue, and we can’t help but love the line’s classic-yet-contemporary looks for all rooms in the home. These gorgeous chairs come in a variety of colors and finishes and would look great at a vanity, dining room table, or in an office, foyer or sitting room. Park it here! Available through SELVA’s website here.
6. Jewelry by S. Carter Designs – As seen at the Taigan trunk show and on the lovely model Emme Martin in our 2013 Music Issue. Designers Sarah Carter Hovis and Sally Carter Evans Hovis create pieces using snake vertebrae, alligator teeth, arrow heads, pearls, and more—anything that fuels their passion for all things wild and beautiful. Call the Alys Shoppe at 850.231.5550
7. Army Helmet Turtle – The first, the original Sugarpost art, made from reclaimed WWII army helmets, these unique creations are designed to rust and look better with age. Perfect for art collectors and garden lovers alike! Available at The Zoo Gallery. $95
8. Cowhide and Lucite Stool – Measures 18 inches high. This fun and unique piece would add character to any space! Available at Oasis Rug & Home. $750
9. Pirate’s Treasure Ship Kit – Great for the kids! Build an authentic replica pirate ship, send a message in a bottle, and read tales of the high seas with this fun and educational kit. Available at Gigi’s Fabulous Kids Fashions and Toys. $16
10. SEASIDE Style 6-foot Dog Lead – Show off your pet’s Seaside Style with Bud’s favorite 6-foot dog lead. Take your best friend for a stroll and watch the sunset or hang out in Central Square! Available from The SEASIDE Style. $27; Matching collar $17–$25
11. Avocê Eyewear – Avocê has a fantastic line of sunglasses and frames, perfect for the stylish beach lover, bookworm, or anyone else. Pictured: Olivia sunglasses in Candy Apple red, $99
12. Fusion Art Glass – From paperweights, sculptures, and ornaments to vases, glassware and stemware, the hand-blown creations at Fusion Art Glass never cease to amaze us! These beautiful pieces come in all shapes, sizes, hues, and price points. Take a look online or at the galleries in Seaside and Grand Boulevard to find the perfect gift. Pictured: Curly Pitcher, $210.
13. Gents Baseball Caps – This new line of men’s baseball caps and apparel by Gents Co. has quickly become a favorite among Hollywood celebrities and fashion icons such as Leo DiCaprio, Adam Levine, Rosie Huntington Whiteley, Bradley Cooper, and more. Comfy and casual, check out the huge variety of styles and customizable colors for the guys (or girls) on your list!
14. Sugar Scrub by The Soap Pedaler – Loaded with natural turbinado sugar, this Sugar Scrub exfoliates and provides vitamins and minerals to nourish skin. Perfect gift for the pampered one in the family or to keep by the guest bath sink during parties. Available at Pish Posh Patchouli’s. $15 (10 oz), $26.95 (20 oz)
15. Rubber iPhone 4/5 Covers – These sturdy rubber cases from Free People fit great, protect your iPhone, and come in a variety of groovy designs. A great gift for any fashion-forward iPhone user, and it makes a perfect stocking-stuffer! $28
16. Handcrafted Wooden Beach Chairs – Longtime beach service veteran Brad McDowell recently launched Sunrise Chair Co. in Santa Rosa Beach. Handcrafted locally and utilizing all USA-based materials, Sunrise classic wooden chairs (plus umbrellas and accessories) make a great gift for any beach lover! $195 (single chair), $650 (2 chairs + umbrella)
17. Watches by Michael Kors – Reeds Jewelers has a large selection of Michael Kors watches and jewelry for men and women. Time is precious, and this gift will be too! Choose the best style for your loved one and enjoy beautiful gift wrapping at Reeds in Destin, Forida. $160–$350
18. Host/Hostess Gifts – Don’t forget to bring something festive and thoughtful for your holiday party host or hostess! These candles and decorative trinkets from Tracery Interiors make good little gifts and bring any home some Christmas cheer. Available at Tracery Interiors: (850) 231-6755
19. Destin Commons Gift Card – The perfect gift for that hard-to-buy-for friend or family member. These MasterCard gifts cards are available at the guest services desk and work at almost every store and restaurant in Destin Commons. Great to have on hand in case of unexpected Christmas guests or for last-minute shopping! www.destincommons.com
20. Viking 82 Convertible Yacht – Hey, we can dream, right? This baby is a head turner with her sleek profile, an aggressively raked stem, sharpened waterline sections, and a slightly crowned foredeck. The cabin is masked by a wraparound shade that cuts glare and makes the yacht look like a model sporting sunglasses. Contact a Galati Yacht Sales Professional today! (888) 203-0354 or online here.