Spring/Summer 2017 Fashion Trends We Love!
By Tracey Thomas
Refresh your style with some of our favorite trends of the season: bold graphics, bright pops of color, metallic textures, and a little romance.
In both my personal style and my career, which includes leading numerous fashion editorial shoots, the importance of being fashion forward and looking my best can’t be overstated. After all, fashion is the best way to express your personality without saying anything at all. I have always lived by the mantra “Look good, feel good.” Instilled by my mother and grandmother, it’s in my blood, and I truly believe this is a rule to live by. Having a bad day? Put on your best dress and go run your errands like nobody’s business. (Yes, really!)
Another must is comfort. Your clothes have to fit right and be comfortable. How are you going to concentrate on which pair of Jimmy Choos you want if you can’t think, let alone breathe, because your jeans are too tight? And lastly, update your wardrobe every season with a handful of new items to stay stylish, fun, and current—but remember to keep expressing your style. Here are a few looks straight from the runway to keep you in line this season.
1. Bold, overstated graphic prints will certainly attract attention.
2. There is nothing mellow about this yellow.
3. Delightful shades of pink.
4. Molten metallics are sure to give you disco fever.
5. Romantic lovelies. Fairy tale–inspired looks will sweep you off your feet.
6. Sheer sophistication leaves just enough to the imagination.
7. Sleeve envy. Pair with simple skinny jeans or a pencil skirt for a more polished look.
— V —